How important is having an informative, visually appealing website in today’s marketing landscape? Incredibly important. However, as important as it is, there are still many companies that don’t put enough time, money and effort into developing their website, and it can come back to haunt them in many ways.
In fact, almost half of all small businesses don’t even have dedicated websites for their business and out of the ones that do, nearly 60 percent of them neglect to even include the relevant contact info in a place where a customer can easily find it. That’s like mailing out wedding invitations and not even including a return address where your guests can mail back their replies. Doesn’t make much sense, right?
In 2014, many marketing campaigns begin on the Internet in some form, whether it’s through email, online advertisements, web banners and, of course, your website. That’s why having a functional and professional website that is not only easy for your visitors to navigate, but contains useful and relevant content, is incredibly important and can give you a leg up on your competition where it matters most.
If your website is well-done and engaging, you can certainly use it to your advantage when it comes to marketing your brand and enhancing your company’s image. Let’s imagine for a moment that most of your direct competitors have slow, unresponsive websites filled with stock images, boring content and difficult-to-navigate pages that leave you confused and frustrated. It’s easy to imagine because it’s a fairly common scenario, even in today’s age of rapidly advancing technology.
You can set yourself apart by designing and developing an attractive, modernized website that is easy to use and gives your company, your brand and your product instant credibility. These days, many consumers’ first encounter a company through their website, so having a clean, functional website can be the perfect way to make a lasting first impression. Even if your product may not be superior to your competitors’, just the fact that you are the only one with a professional-looking website can be the difference-maker.
An impressive website is just one of the factors that can comprise a successful competitive marketing strategy, but the ultimate goal is to create an impactful marketing campaign that is relatable to your audience and drives engagement on multiple different levels.
So what are some of the ingredients that make up an informative, professional-looking website that is able to drive traffic and potential revenue?
- Visual appeal: Having a visually appealing website is an important factor in keeping your visitors engaged and keeping them coming back to the site. A visually appealing layout will promote frequent visits and also make it easier for your visitors to interact with your brand and learn more about your product.
- Simple home page: Keeping it simple is one of the best pieces of advice when it comes to designing a website. This is especially true for your home page, which will likely be the first page your visitors are exposed to when they land on your site. A home page that’s cluttered with too much copy and too much information can overwhelm users and decrease the likelihood that they’ll click around.
- Prominent contact info: Don’t make your visitors go on a wild goose chase just to find your company’s phone number, address or email. Make sure that all of your relevant contact information is displayed prominently on your home page, on your Contact Us page, your About Us page and any other page where it would make sense to include it. You want to make it as easy as possible for your potential customers to get in touch with you.
- Clear and concise Call-to-Action: Your Call-to-Action should be displayed on your home page, as well as anywhere else on the site where it would be deemed necessary. Your message should come across clearly – if your product solves a problem, explain what that problem is and how your product solves it.
- SEO and quality content: Most of your web traffic will likely come from Google, so having a consistent SEO strategy will help you to enhance your website’s content and drive more traffic to your pages. Creating engaging content on your blog and on social media will help as well. Use your blog to address common issues that exist in your particular industry and provide helpful, informative content for your visitors. Customer testimonials also play a big part in successful website content and should be included whenever possible.
In today’s era of online marketing, consumers no longer fill a passive role – instead, they are always actively engaged and regularly use the internet as a tool to evaluate products and services. By developing a website that caters directly to the needs of your consumer base, you can keep your visitors engaged and hopefully drive them towards the sales funnel. A good website can drive sales and increase traffic and search engines represent the most powerful referral marketing program in advertising. Are you using your website to its full potential?
With the internet playing such a big role in gaining a competitive advantage in the B2B marketplace, having a strong marketing team at your disposal is one of the most important weapons you can have. At Timmons&Company, we excel at helping our clients develop impactful, appealing and engaging websites that can increase their market share and set themselves apart from their competition.
Powered by Facebook Comments